On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 22:16:48 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@gmail.com> said:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 5:24 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 00:58:14 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> > <barbi...@gmail.com> said:

> >> valve/steam is exactly what i say:
> >> http://media.steampowered.com/client/installer/steam.deb
> >
> > no - the games installed by steam... :)
>
> i have none here, but given what they do for their launcher, I guess
> they provide that with every game OR they assume ubuntu12 32bits OR
> they must link to those library provided in that bundle I mentioned.

@ 12:10PM ~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Half-Life 2 > ldd hl2_linux
        linux-gate.so.1 (0xf77bd000)
        libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4 => not found
        libdl.so.2 => /usr/lib32/libdl.so.2 (0xf7787000)
        libc.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libc.so.6 (0xf75da000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf77be000)

libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4 is provided by the game. they rely on libc being
universal for starters. i've ldd's many games before (due to lib linking
issues) and many games distributed as binaries rely on a host libSDL as well as
a bunch of other host libs. they don't completely ship everything.