On Jul 17, 2014 7:26 AM, "Prathamesh P Ghanekar" <
prathamesh.ghane...@igate.com> wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I am still in the process of understanding "rage" player that you
suggested.

> But, I have following thing in mind :
> I have built EFL with the gstreamer1 module, which has generated emotion
library(module) for gstreamer1.0 backend. Now, can I simply create a
gstreamer pipeline (say playbin) through my code and link it to this
library and other ELF libraries? I will add 'emotion-sink'-(the custom sink
defined by the module) to this pipeline. Will this render the video in
emotion-sink?

No, you can't. Emotion is designed as a cross video library solution, not
as a generic emotion sink. There's is no way to connect to emotion sink
from the application as we didn't want to make backend specific feature
visible. But for just playing a video, you can just give any uri and
emotion will ask gstreamer to build the correct pipeline.

> The reason I am trying to avoid completely EFL-based video player is that
It will take some time to get familiar with EFL APIs, and time is a premium
for me currently!!

It should be 3 lines to play a video in emotion, the rest of the logic will
be in placing the ui on screen. Problem will be if you want to do more
fancy thing like a video chat for example.

You can also look at elementary video object that will simplify your life
by providing some ui element already.

Regards,
Cedric

> Regards,
> Prathamesh Ghanekar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and
proprietary to IGATE and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately
and notify the originator or mailad...@igate.com <mailto:mailad...@igate.com>.
IGATE does not enter into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views
expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the view of IGATE.
IGATE is not responsible for the consequences of any actions taken on the
basis of information provided, through this email. The contents of an
attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage
your own computer system. While IGATE has taken every reasonable precaution
to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you
sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own
virus checks before opening an attachment. To know more about IGATE please
visit www.igate.com <http://www.igate.com>.