From: Carsten Haitzler [mailto:ras...@rasterman.com]
Sent: 17 July 2014 13:58
To: Prathamesh P Ghanekar
Cc: enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: gstreamer1/0/Emotion based video player

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 05:26:51 +0000 Prathamesh P Ghanekar
<prathamesh.ghane...@igate.com> said:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I am still in the process of understanding "rage" player that you suggested.
>
> But, I have following thing in mind :
> I have built EFL with the gstreamer1 module, which has generated
> emotion
> library(module) for gstreamer1.0 backend. Now, can I simply create a
> gstreamer pipeline (say playbin) through my code and link it to this
> library and other ELF libraries? I will add 'emotion-sink'-(the custom
> sink defined by the module) to this pipeline. Will this render the video in
> emotion-sink?
>
> The reason I am trying to avoid completely EFL-based video player is
> that It will take some time to get familiar with EFL APIs, and time is
> a premium for me currently!!

emotion entirely hides gstreamer (or vlc or xine depending on module). it
provides a single easy high-level api around displaying/playing/controlling
video (audio and video) playback. it is very simple to use. video.c in rage is
an almsot complete user of emotion deciding policy and controls (eg turns off
smooth scaling during resizes then when resizing slows down again - turns it
back on). it handles dvd menu controls and input, video resolution/aspect
change during playback and much more. you create no gstreamer pipeline or
playbin - all of this is done for you in the gstreamer module in emotion. all
you do is create an emotion object - init the chosen module you want (it'll
fall back to others if not there), set the media uri/file enable play anfd
that's it - it'll play. turn play to false to pause. set postion to jump to a
timepoint. query length - do whatevr you want to do, but emotion's api is what
you will be using to do it. it's very simple and straightforward. there are a fa
 ir few examples of its use:

1. rage
2. terminology
3. emtoion_test (test app ships with emotion) 4. enlightenment filemanager file
preview object 5. enjoy (audio only) 6. ethumb (video thumbnailer module) 7.
elm video object (widget wrapping emotion and doing a lot of the logic you find
in terminology and rage emotion usage)

literally google for emotion_object_add and go nuts on what you find. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and
proprietary to IGATE and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify
the originator or mailad...@igate.com <mailto:mailad...@igate.com>. IGATE does
not enter into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by
an individual do not necessarily reflect the view of IGATE. IGATE is not
responsible for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of
information provided, through this email. The contents of an attachment to this
e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer
system. While IGATE has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this
risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result
of softwar
 e viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening an
attachment. To know more about IGATE please visit www.igate.com
<http://www.igate.com>.