On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 15:06:56 +0200 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr>
wrote:

> > While I'm happy there's more 3D rendering support coming into EFL,
> > this was a big shock to me.  Was this discussed anywhere?  Is there
> > a road map?  And more to the point of my personal 3D virtual world
> > work, will this be suitable for 3D virtual worlds?
>
> Hum, it has been sitting in a branch for a 3 weeks or a month. I did
> point people to it on IRC, but I think we did fail to communicate on
> the mailing list. As for a road map, well, like every open source
> project. You have some free stuff, that will hopefully improve :-)
>
> More seriously, the first goal would be to make it useful and working
> for small object/scene, but after talking with Christophe who is doing
> a 3d engine with Evas_GL. I am now thinking that in fact we should
> accept any contribution that make this engine powerful enough to
> handle a 3d world for a game or virtual world like in your case. I
> guess that would be left to you and Christophe to improve it.
>
> On the middle term what may be done :
> - Add a plugin infrastructure for reading more file format for
> scene/object

You where going to talk to the people in charge and get back to me on
that.  Never heard anything.  I'm happy to add that libg3d thing I
mentioned before to Evas_3D.  http://automagically.de/g3dviewer/ and
https://github.com/onefang/meta-impy/tree/mesh/linden/indra/mimesh/libg3d-0.0.8
in case you forgot.

Hmm, does EFL have "treat an archive as a file system" type stuff in
it?  That would be needed to port libg3d to EFL.

Either way, I want to add heightmap support soonish.

> - Integrate with Edje
> - Add a bigger demo to Elementary

I've had my Elementary example in devs/onefang/evas-3d-elm for some
time now, should I move it into Elementary as the official example
(after the 1.11 release)?  Or should I work on it more, adding the other
Evas_3D examples to it as tabs or something?