On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 22:00:53 -0500 Rick Van Camp <ravc0...@gmail.com> said:

> Hello,
>
> I have been communicating with Jeff Hoogland of Bodhi Linux regarding my
> interest in becoming involved in his effort.  After explaining my
> background and interests to him (do you need these as well?) he suggested I
> contact the developers here.

you already started. first by joining this mailing list, prbably next by
joining irc (freenode, #e and #edevelop). then really.. decide what you want to
do - before you start, it might be good to talk about it. just to ensure you
go the right direction. e.g. dont make something that will. be rejected out of
just the principal on what it is or how it works by design. you may have an
opportunity to convince people of your differing ideas and why they are best.
doesn't always work though. and really - do stuff. phab.enlightenment.org has
a patch review process set up. we can be a bit laggy on review, but it
eventually gets done. if you submit enough patches that end up being good "out
of the box" needing no changes and you ask - you can get direct commit access.