On 09/04/15 01:14, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 12:31:13 +0100 Tom Hacohen <tom.haco...@samsung.com> said:
>
>> On 08/04/15 11:26, thomasg wrote:

>>> If it's too crazy to update a wiki page, no wonder the maintainers
>>> might find it crazy to do up-to-date packaging :P
>>
>> It's too crazy for us to maintain 2000 boxes of a table. :)
>> Yes btw, we release too often nowadays (the micro releases), and it's
>> becoming more and more annoying to stay up to date, and I think that's
>> why Arch has been so slow recently with micro releases for the efl.
>
> look at:
>
> https://www.enlightenment.org/doku.php?id=download-latest
>
> look at the top - it's a bunch of variables for version of that package.
> that's
> it. url and label is generates from the vars. just update those vars at
> release
> of anything (add more vars and table entries when new stuff is being released
> that wasn't before).

I'm talking about two things:
1. Maintaining the 2000 cells of the table. You have to check the
distro's websites (or script it, and then it's fine) in order to update
those. Your approach doesn't matter there.
2. Building new EFL packages. Building a newer version is easy, that's
not the problem. The problem is testing. At our current rate, if
maintainers follow our releases they need to build and *test* packages
way too often, and testing takes time.

--
Tom.