Hello.

On 01/04/15 14:30, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I brought this up during the recent EFL Dev Day and we discussed it a bit.
>
> Now I want to bring it here for wider discussion and give everybody a
> chance to have its say.
>
> Background is that we struggle to have a good testing coverage with unit
> tests of our code base. We have initiatives to improve this (which is
> very much welcome!) but we also need to address one of the root causes here.
> If you look at our current test coverage status you will see that some
> parts are way better than others:
> https://build.enlightenment.org/view/Test%20Coverage/
>
> When we bring new EAPI's we should try as hard as possible to have good
> unit tests committed together with the new EAPI's.
>
> I want to make this mandatory for cases where unit tests are possible.
> Cases which have specific hardware requirements or need interaction
> might be harder and I'm willing to accept the fact that sometimes it is
> almost impossible. But in many many of our newly added EAPI's added
> units tests for them is doable. Libs like eina, eo, eolian and eet
> should be straight forward.
>
> What I propose is that we have it mandatory to add test cases for new
> EAPI's and add an explanation to the commit message if you do _not_
> submit the unit tests and give a technical reason for it.
>
> What do you folks think about it? The feedback I got during the dev day
> was people are happy with it as long as it covers valid exceptions.
The feedback I got was only positive and after over a week everybody
should have been able to say if he/she disagrees.

If you bring in new EAPI's it is mandatory from now on to add test cases
for them. If you tried and failed due to technical problems describe in
the commit message what hindered you to add test cases for them.

regards
Stefan Schmidt