On 22/05/15 15:21, Cedric BAIL wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 3:12 PM, ChunEon Park <her...@naver.com> wrote:
>> you will never find any toolkits - qt, wpf, gtk, android, ios  requires
>> using script necesarily for applying masking.
>
> Please point me to the relevant documentation of a widget designed to
> do clipping. I am guessing it will be only in the immediate rendering
> API, but let see.

Web CSS toolkits let you do things like circle clipping images.

>> In my experience, as an app developer, I used to use those masking apis on
>> those uifw several times.
>
> Sure, that's very useful when you do immediate rendering or define a
> theme. I am not denying the fact that masking is a useful feature. I
> am denying it is a good idea to have a non themable "widget" part of a
> themable toolkit.

That's why I said, it's probably very easy to just create a few edj
files that do common clipping patterns that people can load instead of
this widget. It's much cleaner, doesn't force us to provide any new API
and will make everyone happy.
Essentially the edj file will have a masked swallow/image part.

--
Tom.