On 20/05/15 03:48, ChunEon Park wrote:
> And additionally saying,
>
> EDC will break app theme compatibility acutally.
>
> If applications want to develop the system based themeable apps,
> they should not touch the edc, they should write the gui with only elm
> widgets.
>
> See the efl applications, the most application may write the layouts with edc.
> they design the layout look&feel compatible with current elm theme.
>
> Now say, if there new elm theme come?
> How they guarantee their edj gui compatbile with new elm theme?
>
> The application gui will be totally broken or ugly.
>
> App should not use the edc as possible,
> Writing edc is harmful potentially, app should depend on the gui with elm
> controls more than edc.
> We should not guide using edc in apps as possible.

I'll properly reply to the next of the thread soon. However, just to
touch what I think is the point of confusion here.

While I generally agree with the notion of what you are saying about
what developers want. You are off the point here. Elementary the widget
toolkit is themeable and that's one of the visions/promises of it. You
don't like it? You probably shouldn't be using elementary.
The right place for what you want is not in elementary, it's in a
separate toolkit that is not themeable. That's similar to what Daniel
Kolesa said (which is in turn a summary of what we talked about on irc),
you need a libnon-themeable-elm that does that.

Why? Again, because it's not part of Elm's vision, for better or worse
that's the promise our users get.

--
Tom.