I am working on a library that can read / write to EET files from Python.
Essentially I decompile the file using the eet command, read the text
structure in as a python data type, then after making changes to the python
data type I export it back to a text file, and recompile that text using
eet again.

The issue I am running into is when editing files that are in use - such as
E profile data - When I edit profile data and then restart E, sometimes the
changes take effect, but other times E overwrites the data back to what the
configuration file was.

Source code I'm working with -> https://github.com/JeffHoogland/neet

--
~Jeff Hoogland <http://jeffhoogland.com/>