On 11/19/2015 10:38 AM, Jeff Hoogland wrote:
> I understand why this broke and I appreciate folks pointing out the fix.
> The point is it still broke and will require more time to fix the new elm
> we are using / maintaining.
>
> My point is that any change like this feels bad and makes updating
> difficult. Not a big deal, I will make a note when I eventually update EFL
> / Elementary that I'll need to update all my themes. This just means it
> will be later rather than sooner.
I guess the main thing that could have been done better here is
communicating that there was a bug in the default theme which was fixed
and that themes based off it should incorporate the change, if that sort
of info was in the release notes it would be helpful. Having said that I
merge dark back into my theme every efl release to make sure that new
widgets etc make it into my theme, generally for me this is about a 5
minute process as I use git to manage my themes effectively at some
point hopefully soon I'll start a wiki page on making custom themes but
hopefully i'll have more time for that on the weekend.

Cheers
Simon