Hello,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 6:21 AM, Stefan Schmidt <ste...@osg.samsung.com> wrote:
> The alpha is out of the door and we are in the final freeze now. Time to
> look at the pending issues and get them sorted out :)
>
> You think I missed an important issue or one of the ones below should
> not really block the release please speak up here.
>
> Phab show stopper:
> ------------------
> o EIO Monitor Inconsistency with Ephoto https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3237

Will look at that in the coming day.

> o Pointer issues. https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3819
> o list-type widgets automatically select first item in all cases upon
> receiving focus https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3198
> o Genlist Tree - Odd/Even does not update correctly
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3086

Stephen has done some good digging on this one and it seems that the
issue is actually in the way we do maintain our item index. It does
create a lot of associated bugs. Sadly the complexity of fixing it at
this point in time seems quite scary. I think that actually disabling
odd/even in the theme will limit the impact of the bug without
introduting additional problem. Of course this is like just disabling
odd/even... Does anyone have any objection about this or a better
proposal that can be reasy in time for 1.18 ?

> Phab high:
> ----------
> o Evas Text ellipsis could be placed wrongly in RTL text.
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3187
> o EFL/E Freeze OpenBSD https://phab.enlightenment.org/T4157
> o Evas rotated window stops accepting events
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T4132
> o EFL ecore_exe_terminate lost signal! https://phab.enlightenment.org/T4121
> o Borderless does change the position of the content not to 0x0
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T4092
> o enlightenment crashes on setup phase https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3948
> o tests: undefined symbols in eolian test
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3889
> o style_ellipsis with multiple-line-text can destroy
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3885
> o Promises are doing something fishy https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3759

Bug should have been closed a few weeks back.

> o ecore_con_local not working on Windows
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3758
> o eina_promise value https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3621

This bug should also be fixed.

> o 3. Color Selector Scale broken https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3619
> o GL stuff broken on wayland https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3511
> o calling canvas event feed functions during a post event callback
> breaks the canvas https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3144
> o When some text copy&paste, the pasted text color follows the color of
> the end of copied text https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3081
> o Edc with textblock inside scroller not resizing properly.
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3069
> o image with pixels dirty renders late sometimes
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T2762
> o Genlist tree+homogeneous broken https://phab.enlightenment.org/T2708
> o window INLINE_IMAGE cannot be used on its own canvas
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T1973
> o GL/Font: When colored Emoji glyphs free'd,
> evas_gl_common_texture_free() fails or shows ERR.
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T3070

I have not created any task, but there seems to be a bug in edje that
is visible in terminology. When you create a second terminal and
destroy it, the counter still display 1/2 even if there is no second
terminal. I need to do some git bissect on this, but gave up for now
as it is quite a pain to handle with the merge. Will do try again
tomorrow.

> Coverity high impact:
> ---------------------
> o 1357753 resource leak in ecore_wl2_dnd which I just fixed
> o 1353607 String not null terminated in elementary quicklunch
>
> We still have over 90 medium and low impact issues which like to get
> triaged and solved. Evas and Elm leading the pack here but Edje, Embryo,
> Eio, Eina, Ecore Evas, Ecore File, eldbus, Efreet, Eeze are all part of
> the game.
>

> Misc:
> -----
> o Double check that none of the EO APIs are exposed without the
> EFL_EO_API define yet
> o Double check EO still has its beta markings

I have already done an expedite benchmark and there is no significant
slow down compared to previous release.
--
Cedric BAIL