Hello,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Jiwon Kim <jwkim0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder about debugging edc script. (or maybe it's just idea :) )
> Is it possible to debug at running time of application?
> Likes gdb (or with gdb), attach to app,
>  and set break point to 'program' syntex (edc's program blocks).

This is an interesting idea. I don't know if it could be doable
actually as program are run related to time. Any debugging would
likely affect that.

> If we can check edc's (when/which) program running and signaling,
> I think it's very convenient.

Agreed, I don't see a way to do step by step debugging of an edc. Will
have to think about it.

> If it is impossible, how about log function for edc? (only for debug)

Once upon a time, there was a lot of log generated in the form of edje
signal. They were removed as they impacted speed to much. Today, we
have evlog, it may be worse experimenting with it and see if we can
log events with it somehow. Alternative possibility would be to add an
eo event on edje object for debug. Once someone register for that
event, we would trigger that event for every state we want to debug.
Between evlog and eo event tracing, I don't know which one could work
best. You would have to experiment !

Have fun !
--
Cedric BAIL