On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 01:19:06 +0900 Jiwon Kim <jwkim0...@gmail.com> said:

> Hi all.
>
> I wonder about debugging edc script. (or maybe it's just idea :) )
> Is it possible to debug at running time of application?
> Likes gdb (or with gdb), attach to app,
>  and set break point to 'program' syntex (edc's program blocks).

hmm no as embryo is interpreted by the embryo vm... it's bytecode loaded at
runtime - i t has no idea of its original src. :) you could emit a signal and
use edje debugging to watch these signals like

emit("EDJEDEBUG", "something");

in your embryo script and have your code listen to "EDJEDEBUG" "*" messages and
print them out...

> If we can check edc's (when/which) program running and signaling,
> I think it's very convenient.
>
> If it is impossible, how about log function for edc? (only for debug)
>
> Does anyone has know-how regarding this?
> Or, has anyone ever tried to similar attempt?

there isnt any such log/echo/printf function in edje atm. it'd be easy to maybe
add a DBG macro to edje_programs.c ... when a signal is emitted and use the
above emit as a debug...

then do:

    export EINA_LOG_LEVELS=edje:4

and edje will give you debug log levels...

    DBG<15145>:edje lib/edje/edje_program.c:1285 _edje_emit_handle() EDJE EMIT:
(0x5 5604e48afb0) signal: "elm,action,hide,vbar" source: "elm"

like that... any emits. so grep/filter for your emit log... :) i'll enable the
DBG in git now.. but his needs a new efl release. commit is here:

https://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/commit/?id=8257c95f39eb2ba942f0f4821d19d5493749d34b