On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 08:09:20 +0300 Viacheslav Reutskiy <reutskiy....@gmail.com>
said:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> I want to ask about ecore animator, rather edje animation, and ecore_job.
> I have a next flow:
>   - run ecore_exe;
>   - play animation by edje, load object or emit signal to, already, created
> object;
>   - handle ECORE_EXE_EVENT_DATA event.
>
> In this case edje animation work properly, but if I add any ecore_job's in
> callback for ECORE_EXE_EVENT_DATA, those jobs are run at the first onset.
> While jobs is small and their little all ok, edje play animation well done.
> But if I have a lot of jobs, 1000 and more animation is freezed, while jobs
> is not finished.
>
> Why it happen? Because, all jobs run after add. This can be clearly seen on
> screenshort from evlog (link
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4etXaV0O_4ceVN1TEVvZ2o2Z1U/view?usp=sharing>).
>
> So my question: is it normal behavior or jobs should to mix with render?

well... jobs are queued in the event loop handling "at the end of event
handling" ... where it currently stands. the more jobs you add, the more will
have to be called before event handling finishes and rendering begins. the
longer jobs take to execute, the longer this will be.

so let's pretend a job takes 1 second. let us say you add 10 of them as a
result of data from ecore_exe ... or you do it as a result of ecore_con/ipc
events or a mouse event or a timer or an animator. it doesn't matter. THIS run
of the loop you will add 10 jobs to run at the end. they are always run in the
order added, so you have

[handle events/timers/anim][job1][job2][...][job10][idle enter][render][zzzzz]

those jobs there will take 10 seconds, so there wil be a 10 second lag until
rendering begins.

so what you describe, if you have 100's or 1000's of job that take a reasonable
amount of time each (eg 1, 2 or 3ms), then yes... this will "hang the loop". :)