On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:06:04AM +0100, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> I did my monthly packaging update again and was hoping this moved to
> unstable by now. It is still in experimental only as far as I can see.
> Is there an automatic way this packages get from experimental to
> unstable, testing stable? Or are you supposed to pursue Albin again to
> get it uploaded to unstable?

A few items on the current status:

1) All uploads will go through Albin (or some other sponsor).

While reviewing, Albin had some questions on the internal EFL deps and
shared symbol versioning.  The packaging produces unusually strict (for
Debian) dependencies.  We're working through it.

2) experimental -> unstable is a manual migration.  Once in unstable,
packages automatically migrate to testing, and then to the next stable
release.  Packages are not normally added to existing stable releases.

We uploaded to experimental for additional testing opportunity, since
Debian contains packages which depend on EFL.  When we're happy with the
status, they'll be uploaded to unstable.

3) The packages in experimental break binary compatability with the
existing unstable packages.  For instance, you can't use the
experimental packages break the terminology packages in unstable.

(Why?  The packages in unstable preserve a bit of pre-1.0 eina ABI that
was released into Debian many years ago.  That requires disabling magic
debug, and in EFL 1.17 tests break with this config.  We decided the
eina tests are more valuable than the ancient ABI.)

So it's going to take some time - sorry.

Ross