On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 01:29:19 -0200 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@gmail.com>
> said:
>
>> improved but not ideal.
>>
>> what if we hint based on current x object domain, if they differ you
>> can say that it's from a different thread... also hint on how to fix,
>> maybe a wiki page that we show the link there.
>
> that isn't actually better. 99% of the time it's actually an invalid object
> entirely. not just accessing from another thread. you should add that question
> there too. also ask if the object has been deleted or unreferenced to 0 yet?
> also ask if the object is meant to be accessible but
> ecore_thread_main_loop_begin() (and end() to end the segment) have not been
> called yet?
>
> my point is - you can ask questions all day long and make this error huge. the
> object id is invalid where it is being accessed. WHY could be many reasons but
> you've been given the breakdown of the components of the ID and current
> domains
> whcih canhelp diagnose thread issues if they are there.

with new EO_LIFECYCLE_DEBUG you have these information, you can know
if the object was created, deleted and so on... then you could help
the user, not flood him with data.

See the new envvar + libeo_dbg.so (eo_debug), then you get valgrind
like information:

object was created as eoid, obj (real ptr), class... [x seconds ago]
    <backtrace of creation>
object was deleted as eoid, obj (real ptr), class... [x seconds ago]
    <backtrace of deletion>
object is already dead

or "object is still alive".

in the second case, you can print "but it's in a different domain".

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri