On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 11:25 PM, Markus Svilans <msvil...@aeonyx.ca> wrote:
> Hello Gustavo,
>
> I've been lurking on the enlightenment-devel mailing list for a while,
> and your recent comment caught my eye:

>>> in what way? simply installing dependencies? just the amount of thngs
>>> installed?
>> in our case we had to force some efl modules to be disabled, as well
>> as their deps. things like efreet, eldbus...
>>
>> the patches to disable those code are simple, sometimes just -DXXX as
>> the code had the conditions in place (#ifdef), but people (including
>> me!) disabled that from the configure.ac
>>

> I am also running EFL on a small embedded ARM processor. The system is
> fairly bare bones, so we don't have things like dbus installed. With EFL
> however, the app startup can be quite slow due to eldbus & friends
> trying to start up.

yes, I feel your pain :-)

I'll ask one of my folks yo share those patches, they are not ready to
be merged in EFL as they are hackish, such as removing efreet calls
that just got an envvar and replacing it with pure getenv().

> I am working on forcing some modules to be disabled.
> Would you be open to sharing your patches for disabling your unneeded
> modules? It would be helpful, as I am a newbie when it comes to EFL and
> understanding how all the things hang together.

Sure, maybe Iscaro or Dilly will reach you to share those patches.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri