On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:13 AM Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <
barbi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Mike Blumenkrantz
> <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > To focus on very specific items that you mentioned:
> >
> > I did some exploration into using eo/lian in enlightenment a few years
> ago
> > and instability immediately proved that this was a waste of time. I have
> no
> > interest in revisiting or considering anything related to
> > eo/eolian/bindings/interfaces/etc until stable releases have shipped with
> > compatibility guarantees.
>
> yes, the common assumption is this all depends on more mature eo.
>
> Backward compatibility will take more time as without real world usage
> we cannot claim it's fully ready... it would mean us to carry a
> potentially big pile of crap of pseudo-legacy.
>
> I see this will be the biggest hurdle... chicken-egg :-/

I think there are bigger hurdles, like manpower availability.

> > Your premise that enlightenment does not use elementary is false,
>
> What I mean is that E wasn't converted to be pure ELM, e_widget is
> still there as you said.

There will never be a conversion, the users of e_widgets will just be
replaced. The only things which really use it are the config dialogs and
old gadgets, both of which have been or will be rewritten.