On Wed, 3 May 2017 12:48:00 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> > I get stuff can be styled overridden etc. With the default theme.
> > Some font is in use. Unless you go to use a Custom Font Class in
> > Settings.
>
> you don't know. this is by design. the font could be sourced from the
> system. it could be data privately tucked into the edje file only
> available to that edje file content...

This is what I am talking about and should be possible.
https://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-59095db53e8c29.70825110.jpg

In kwrite, if I go to change the font. It starts with the
current/system/default font selected. Then from there I can change the
font. Other font dialogs are the same, including system. E seems to
work differently, as under custom font classes. Nothing is selected,
even when enabling that via checkbox. The current font should be
selected like above.

In the default theme, the fonts.edc file has
#define FNBD   "Sans:style=Bold"
#define FNIT   "Sans:style=Oblique"
#define FNBDIT "Sans:style=Bold Italic"

For the default theme, its seeming to prefer some Sans based font.
Though I think per kwrite, I am using monospace or something. Given elm
code has that hard coded and seems to reset back to proper looks in my
case.

I guess maybe it is getting that from fontconfig, x, or something.
In any Linux Desktop env, I have never configured the font outside that.
No command line, text files etc to set a default/system font.

Way back in the day I would set directories for available fonts to x,
but that was long ago. That still never controlled what font showed up
in UI.

> thus my recommendation was to just have an option in the list that is
> "default" or maybe a checkbox somewhere etc...

This is related to a checkbox
http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-59096069ede7c5.06609829.jpg

If I hard code in some font family. If the user has a different one set
for their system. My default will not be their default. Which is my
concern over the hard coded value in elm code.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.