On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:55:10 +0900, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:10:13 -0500 Michael Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> babbled:
>
> > On Friday, 03 December 2004, at 18:19:16 (+0800),
> > Didier Casse wrote:
> >
> > >          Those with Fedora Core x and rpm-based distro can now install
> > >  enlightenment-0.17.0_pre10-NOT_RELEASE_1 (current one in cvs right
> > > now) from my apt/yum repository.
> > >
> > > refer to
> > > http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe
> > >
> > > Let me know if there are any glitches.
> >
> > This is a very, very bad idea.  Do not use NOT_RELEASE_1 as a release
> > number.  What is to say that release 1 is greater or less than release
> > NOT_RELEASE_1?  Use 0.<something> instead, like 0.%(date '+%Y%m%d')
>
> at this stage if people are installing rpm's of e17.. they deserve the pain
> they
> get.the .spec file explicitly has that in the release to fuck things up and
> denote e17 as something that shouldn't be released/packaged etc. beyond
> someone
> maybe doing it for themselves and the.spec file is just a handy time saver
> then

Well yeah... as raster said/meant, I used the notation found in the
spec file found in cvs. I don't know if it's good or bad. I don't
really care at this point of time since it's not an official release
anyway. It's a "courtesy" release of the thing in cvs. If you guys
really want me to change the name, well it's really not a problem for
me to do it.

[snip from the spec in cvs]
%define ver      0.17.0_pre10
%define rel      NOT_RELEASE_1
%define prefix   /usr/local

Name: enlightenment
Version: %ver
Release: %rel
Copyright: BSD
Group: System Environment/Desktops
Source:
ftp://ftp.enlightenment.org/pub/enlightenment/enlightenment-%{ver}.tar.gz
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/enlightenment-root
Packager: The Rasterman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
BuildRequires: evas-devel
BuildRequires: edje-devel
BuildRequires: ecore-devel
BuildRequires: embryo-devel
BuildRequires: eet-devel
Requires: edje
Requires: evas
[...]

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

Didier F.B Casse | PhD student | Singapore Synchrotron light Source (SSLS)
Email: didier.casse AT_Remove_THE_N00SPAM gmail DOT com | Web:
http://ssls.nus.edu.sg