I was talking about this to Andy actually. This sort of follows the
concept the Apple people use for their menus. Except we're moving all
applications menus / buttons away from the application to a central
location.  You could, I guess, have a special tool bar that appears
when a certain app is running and focused. Sort of like a hidden bar
on the top of the screen (or where ever the use places it) and a
hidden Engage like bar which appear when the mouse is moved towards
them. We could, ofcourse, scape the whole hidden idea.

Take a look here for a partial mockup.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16144658/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/16144908/

Hisham Mardam Bey