On Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at  2:09, Gert Cuykens wrote:
> I would like to set eterm as my background without the eterm menu,
> scrollbar and borders. So my X looks like a fancy tty console screen ?

I use:

Eterm -g 80x5 --trans --shade 20 --buttonbar 0 --scrollbar 0 --login-shell 0
--name command&

in my .xinitrc. You probably don't want to use such a small term,
though, and you might want to leave out the "--login-shell 0" part :)

You can then alt-mouse2 and select border-style borderless, resize and
tell E to remember these settings. In fact, I tell E to automatically
restart the program, too, so it's now commented out in my .xinitrc. I
also make the Eterm sticky, so it's always there on my desktop.

Hope this helps...

B*B,
-Smoke.

-- bye!  :)

When anyone says `theoretically,' they really mean `not really.'"
        -- David Parnas