> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:32:11 -0400 (EDT) [EMAIL PROTECTED] babbled:
>> btw, also curious, why do terminals in e17 always startup with SHLVL=3?
>> All the other desktops I have start up terminals in SHLVL=2.
>
> mine start with SHLVL=2
>
> do you exec enlightenment in your .xsession script?
>
> ie:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exec enlightenment
>
> OR is it:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> enlightenment
>
> the EXEc line REPLACES the login shell process WITH whatever it execs (in
> this
> case enlightenment) meaning you save having a usless unused shell process
> around. this is probably why its level 3 for you as you have an extra
> shell
> still hanging in above execution of E itself. :)

Must be coming from somewhere else, I'm running them from Session scripts
in the /etc/X11 directory, on fedora and gentoo, both using "exec
/usr/local/bin/enlightenment".

Thought it might have been an entrance login configuration thing also, but
am getting the same result whether its entrance or gdm. Not a big issue
though, am sure I'll eventually find I've done something odd to my system
without realising the consequences ;)

Cheers,
Daniel.