it looks like there is now a hidden dependency on XFree86 4.3. i've been unable to build since 9/30, because i keep running into problems with XRender stuff. i have to configure Evas with --disable-xrender-x11, because otherwise i run into undefined PictStandardARGB32 issues. so then i have to configure Ecore with --disable-ecore-evas-xrender... but that leads to

ecore_evas_x.c:1094: error: `Evas_Engine_Info_XRender_X11' undeclared (first use in this function)

when trying to build ecore. i don't have root privs, and XFree86 can't be installed by a non-root user in a non-standard location (so i can't build my own copy), so basically, it looks like i'm screwed for getting e17 running again on this redhat 7.2 box.

the last version of e17 that i WAS able to build refuses to function correctly with modules: it won't load them, no way, no how.

   *sigh*

looks like i'm stuck with e16, until they get around to upgrading me with an FC4 box...