I agree. Though my experiences with Gentoo have been great following the first week of installing, compiling and configuring, I would have never made it past the first few failed attempts to get X started without being really stubborn and determined.  Gentoo will not win many new converts.  I had used Mandrake, Fedora and Vector previously, so the learning curve wasn't so steep for me. Those are three distros that are quite usable out of the box, and E17 packages are available for all three.

Your site looks good.

doug