I would like to have top running in a borderless transparent
window all the time on my desktop. Therefore I have run this command:
"Eterm --trans -f Orange --scrollbar false --buttonbar false -e top
-d 00.50" and used the "Remember" function from the widow menu. But
for some reason, e just remembers command "Eterm" without any
parameters (stored in file .e16/e_config--0.0.snapshots, and after
logout-login, just simple Eterm pops-up on the screen). I'm using
e16.8-0.02 version. This feature was not there with older e16.8
versions (e16.8-pre1).

there was a remember setting for restarting an application at boot
time. It's probably this.

I'm using the flag "Restart aplication at login". The point is, that it remembers just command "Eterm" without parameters instead of full command "Eterm --trans -f Orange --scrollbar false --buttonbar false -e top -d 00.50". If I log out myself, change in an editor the .e16/e_config--0.0.snapshots file and log in, than it works fine. The "Remember" function seems to write wrong (incomplete) command to the snapshots file.

Pavel