On Thursday, 30 March 2006, at 14:59:21 (+1000),
David Seikel wrote:

> That's actually what triggers the keyboard locking problem in the
> first place.  If you don't let X know which VT to run on, it tries
> to autodetect the VT, but it gets into a race condition with init or
> a getty which is also allocating VTs at the same time.  The end
> result is that X gets confused, and sometimes ends up with the
> display on one VT, but the keyboard redirected to some other VT, and
> with VT switching disabled for some reason.

Any distribution which tries to start a getty on the same VT as X is
flawed.  Furthermore, Linux has standardized on X being on tty7.  That
should always be the default on Linux.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>