Hi all,

Have got a baffling issue with the two computers I use. Both are almost
identically set up, only differences being that one is a laptop with a
pentium m chip and the other one is a dual core pentium D intel machine.

Each one is running gentoo, both have just been upgraded to use modular
xorg 7.0 and have been testing each with almost idential xorg.conf files
that utilise the ATI driver in bigdesktop mode (as opposed to dual head).
The only difference in the xorg files is the secondary monitor resolutions
(primary is autodetected).

Entrance however, does two completely different things. On the laptop, its
perfect. The entrance login screen only shows up on one monitor at a time
and it will follow the mouse from one monitor to the next.

On the pentium D machine, the entrance login screen just shows up
stretched over both monitors.

Is this a pentium D idiosyncracy or am I missing something here?

Cheers,
Daniel.