Hmm, thanks for the pointer. Been playing around with it a bit. Actually
only just noticed that if I move my mouse pointer to the second screen,
entrance calls its resizing callback (in client/main.c) which manages to
grab all the correct xinerama parameters and the display manager redraws
both monitors separately and functions as it should thereafter (login
screen only fills one monitor and it follows the mouse from one monitor to
the other).

So its just not picking up xinerama parameters when initially displaying
the graphics. Since the ATI driver provides its own internal xinerama
extension, I wonder if its just a difference being caused by the 64 bit
ati driver as opposed to the 32 bit one. Anyone using entrance on amd64
with ati drivers here?

I also tried gdm. It works fine - maybe it takes a little longer before
requesting xinerama parameters?

Might give the radeon driver a whirl tonight and see if that works on both
systems.

Cheers,
Daniel.