Manuel Werlberger wrote:
> Dustin Jenkins wrote:
>
>> I had it working with the http://edevelop.org/debian/ repository last
>> night on my AMD64 box. I noticed that there was a mix of E16 and E17
>> packages after I added the repository to my sources.list, so whether
>> that had something to do with it I don't know. Is this an i386 system?
>>

> Yes it's an i386 system.
>
> The exact output i get:
>
>  # apt-get install enlightenment libevas0-all libevas0-engines-all
> libevas0-loaders-all emodules0* eterm
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Package enlightenment is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> However the following packages replace it:
>   enlightenment-data
> E: Package enlightenment has no installation candidate

Sorry for the stupid question, but did you run apt-get update before you
did anything? Also, I didn't add those entries to my
/etc/apt/preferences file, but I don't think that should make a
difference for you. If you had the old enlightenment package installed
(0.16.7.XX), you may need to run apt-get clean (or autoclean) and then
run apt-get update and try installing again.
What's in your /etc/apt/apt.conf by the way?

Dustin