Hi Community

For info: the Pacman Repository version of e17 dated 01/01/2007 in .rpm form
works on openSuSE10.2 - By far the easiest way to get e17 to work on SuSE.

Good looks, only one default theme, by far not as fast as e16, more confusing
on one hand (the KDE base tends to fill the menus with lots of unuseful
stuff), feels less tweakable than e16. e16 is not available in SuSE10.2 but
is on UBUNTU 6.10.
[we can start a pros & cons discussion later :):) ]

This install is still in the Test Department on a separate partition, so I can
bear some risks with the system.

Now for the asking:
-Link to a nice HowTo on how to Log In to e17, (using entrance or not)
-How to mount -the easy way- my external drives?

ExtDrives (USB1): Out of two, plugged before boot, unreferenced in fstab, only
one appear in cfdisk, not in mount list, and sure, nowhere else (konqueror,
nautilus. As opposite to dr16-on-ubuntu, nautilus on dr17-on-suse doesn't
show hardware connected in the Computer View).
They otherwise show up fine under KDE & GNOME in 10.2 & 9.3. Unplug & replug
doesn't change this.

-Did I missed an e17 specific File Manager (avoiding Nautilus/Konqueror)?
-The thing that opens with "file" in the menu isn't very usefull as a manager,
opening all in new windows & stuff.

-Link to an .edje file DIY? I'd like to give a go on anim backgrounds.

Thanks - Cheers

Jean-Philippe

--

SuSE93 Linux Kernell 2.6.11.4-21.14 KDE 3.4.0 Kontact 1.1 Kmail 1.8
PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA