On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:33:28 +0700 "joao-philippe monteiro"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Hi Community
>
> For info: the Pacman Repository version of e17 dated 01/01/2007 in .rpm form
> works on openSuSE10.2 - By far the easiest way to get e17 to work on SuSE.
>
> Good looks, only one default theme, by far not as fast as e16, more confusing
> on one hand (the KDE base tends to fill the menus with lots of unuseful

how is e17 not as fast as e16?

> stuff), feels less tweakable than e16. e16 is not available in SuSE10.2 but
> is on UBUNTU 6.10.
> [we can start a pros & cons discussion later :):) ]

ooh - e17 is much more tweakable - it just may not be as obvious. e17 themes
are massively more powerful. also there's modules to extend e in any way you
like - just write some code.

> This install is still in the Test Department on a separate partition, so I can
> bear some risks with the system.
>
> Now for the asking:
> -Link to a nice HowTo on how to Log In to e17, (using entrance or not)
> -How to mount -the easy way- my external drives?

i just added that to e17 a week ago - in its internal filemanager - it's not
the best, but works. it needs work and that's why e17 is not released yet. it
requires pmount to work though.

> ExtDrives (USB1): Out of two, plugged before boot, unreferenced in fstab, only
> one appear in cfdisk, not in mount list, and sure, nowhere else (konqueror,
> nautilus. As opposite to dr16-on-ubuntu, nautilus on dr17-on-suse doesn't
> show hardware connected in the Computer View).
> They otherwise show up fine under KDE & GNOME in 10.2 & 9.3. Unplug & replug
> doesn't change this.

that has nothing to do with e17. it may have to do with dbus and e not being
launched via a dbus launcher etc. etc. but it is unrelated to e17 itself and
more to do with the system session setups.

> -Did I missed an e17 specific File Manager (avoiding Nautilus/Konqueror)?
> -The thing that opens with "file" in the menu isn't very usefull as a manager,
> opening all in new windows & stuff.

that's the "files" menu - its being worked on. it opens new windows because
thats how i like it. it's how the original mac file manager worked, ho the
original amiga and atari-st file managers works, long before windows corrupted
the idea of a filemanager. the code is CAPABLE of browsing within 1 window, but
doesn't.

> -Link to an .edje file DIY? I'd like to give a go on anim backgrounds.

get-e.org has some info. otherwise it's a black art at the moment. welcome to
development - there is a reason e17 isn't released yet. you are finding only
just a few of them.

> Thanks - Cheers
>
> Jean-Philippe
>
> --
>
> SuSE93 Linux Kernell 2.6.11.4-21.14 KDE 3.4.0 Kontact 1.1 Kmail 1.8
> PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)