On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:39:07 -0700 Eric Sandall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On Friday 19 January 2007 09:06:37 Eric Sandall wrote:
> > I've recently been introduced to using borderless windows to free up
> > more window space, and I've come to like it. :) I have noticed, however,
> > that after I set the borderless state, it does not persist through a
> > suspend operation (s2ram for suspend-to-ram). When E comes back up, my
> > borders are back. :(
> >
> > I set the border via Left-click -> Configuration -> Configuration Panel
> > -> Appearance -> Borders -> borderless -> Apply.
> >
> > Also after the suspend/resume, I cannot set the border back to
> > borderless, even after I set the border to borderless and run Left-click
> > -> Enlightenment -> Restart. After this, my borders are still the
> > default and when I check the Appearance -> Borders configuration panel,
> > 'default' is selected.
> >
> > If, after a suspend and trying to reset my borders to borderless, I log
> > out and back in, my borders remain on default, but I can now set the
> > borders to borderless and run Enlightenment -> Restart and my borders
> > are now, truly, borderless.
> >
> > If there is any further information you would like from me, please let
> > me know.
>
> I apologize for not having time to really look into this yet. :( I have
> noticed, however, that the borders seem to come back whenever I load specific
> GTK+ applications (such as The GIMP or GMPC). I may then minimize the
> offending window, set my border style back to borderless, and then maximize
> the window, and my border style stays borderless. It seems to only happen
> when the GTK+ application is initially started. This does not happen with all
> GTK+ apps, as Mozilla Firefox doesn't seem to trigger this behaviour.
>
> -sandalle

unfortunately i cannot reproduce this - nor can i think of any logic behind it.
suspend and resume are outside the scope of e itself - they are handled at the
kernel level. e has no idea you just suspended and resumed. it does nothing
special. when you select suspend via the menu all it does is execute a command
(configurable) to tell the system to suspend. just like you typed it in.

> --
> Eric Sandall                     |  Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] PGP: 0xA8EFDD61  |  http://www.sourcemage.org/
> http://eric.sandall.us/          |  http://counter.li.org/  #196285

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)