On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:04:50 +0200 giggz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> [snip]
>
> Hi,
>
> I have installed the acpi-support package, but nothing more...
>
> but I have test e17 under root session through GDM. And under root I
> have my applications menu (!?!) and the halt/reboot buttons. When I
> compare the two .xsession-errors the only diffrences are :
> These 4 lines in the user .xsession-errors :
> ERROR: UNABLE TO ASSUME ROOT PRIVILEDGES
> ERROR: UNABLE TO ASSUME ROOT PRIVILEDGES
> ERROR: UNABLE TO ASSUME ROOT PRIVILEDGES
> ERROR: UNABLE TO ASSUME ROOT PRIVILEDGES

you problem is that that enlightenment_sys is NOT setuid root. something has
been broken in the debian packages. the source build for e17 sets this to be
setuid root (that means when this executable runs it runs AS ROOT). example:

[ 11:37PM /usr/local/bin ] ls -l enlightenment_sys
20K -r-sr-xr-x 1 root root 19K 2007-08-20 08:05 enlightenment_sys*

see - it's got the sticky bit set (s) - that means its setuid to the owner of
the file (root in this case). i bet you whatever enlightenment_sys you have
installed it's not setuid root - thus it doesn't work.

beyond that - sysactions.conf is the config that defines commands to run (as
root) for given "actions" like "reboot" "halt", "suspend" etc. and who is
allowed to run them. this config is intended for packagers and sysadmins to
alter to define what users can do these things, and what commands these
actions "map" to. on ubuntu the default config will allow any normal user who
has a reasonable set of privileges (as if they were an owner of the box) to
halt, reboot, suspend and hibernate - and the commands given in the default
config will work "out of the box" on ubuntu. your distribution may or may not
work - it is up to the sys admin and/or packager to fix this so it works - if
they want it to.

> In the root .xsession-errors I see something strange :
> ERROR: UNDEFINED ACTION: suspend
> ERROR: UNDEFINED ACTION: hibernate
> but these two actions are not defined and used in my
> /etc/enlightenment/sysactions.conf (I attach it at the end)

enlightenment itself looks for these actions. if it can't find them defined or
doesn't have permission to do them - it doesn't add them to the menu. this is
normal if you removed these actions from sysactions.conf

> So I think it's a right problem, but where can I take a look :
> sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now
> sudo /sbin/shutdown -r now
> work fine under a user session
>
> And Why can I have an application menu under root and not under my user
> ? Are the paths different ?

debian doesn't set up xdg menus "correctly" for users - they dont export any
environment variables to indicate which prefix the system menus should use,
thus efreet's "standards compliant" implementation doesn't work, because debian
is not "standards compliant" out of the box. you need to set environment
variables. my guess is that the root user has these set, but not normal users.
see the enlightenment.org wiki and the page about efreet and e17.

> Thanks!
> cheers,
> Guillaume
>

> (I'm not in the operator,staff,sys group)
> /etc/enlightenment/sysactions.conf :
>
> action:   halt      sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now
> action:   reboot    sudo /sbin/shutdown -r now
> # action:   suspend   /etc/acpi/sleep.sh force
> # action:   hibernate /etc/acpi/hibernate.sh force
>
> # root is allowed to do anything - but it needs to be here explicitly anyway
> user:     root      allow: *
> # members of operator, staff and admin groups should be able to do all
> group:    operator  allow: *
> group:    staff     allow: *
> # group:    admin     allow: *
> group:    sys       allow: *
> # common "user" groups for "console users" on desktops/laptops
> # group:    dialout   allow: *
> # group:    disk      allow: *
> # group:    adm       allow: *
> # group:    cdrom     allow: *
> # group:    floppy    allow: *
> # group:    audio     allow: *
> # group:    dip       allow: *
> # group:    plugdev   allow: *
> # put in a list of other users and groups here that are allowed or
> denied etc.
> # e.g.
> # user:     myuser     allow:  *
> # user:     another    allow:  suspend hibernate
> # deny everyone else by default
> user:     giggz     allow: *
> user:     *         deny:  *

裸好多