On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:14:26 +1200 Jochen Schroeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> David Seikel wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:17:16 +1200 Jochen Schroeder
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> I think you need the hibernate package installed for these to work
> >> IIRC.
> >
> > The /etc/enlightenment/sysactions.conf file controls who has permission
> > to shut down or reboot the computer from the E17 system menu.  It's got
> > plenty of internal comments to help you figure it out.
>
> Cool I never realized that this file was there. However I noticed that
> when I install with --prefix=/usr it get's installed into
> /usr/etc/enlightenment. Now I don't know the exact FHS guidelines, but
> all other packages I have encountered so far put their configuration
> files in /etc/ even if you specify /usr as a prefix. Is this intended
> behaviour? (I'm aware that I can change this with --sysconfdir was just
> wondering)

yes - it's intended - because... --sysconfdir can do what you want :) it
otherwise means that e CAN be in a clean install prefix ENTIRELY - and e can
work this out runtime.

i.e.

use --prefix=/opt/apps/e17

but then after compiling and installing you decide e should be in /opt/e17 -
just:

mv /opt/apps/e17 /opt/e17

and e will work. it will figure out its new prefix. or:

--prefix=$HOME/apps/e17

then later you decide that you need to move it to /opt/e17 to share with other
users:

mv $HOME/apps/e17 /opt/e17

presto - e17 will work. the sysactions.conf will also follow etc.

> Cheers
> Jochen

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)