On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Steve Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I updated e17 from svn today, and noticed that there's now a Connection
>  Manager module for network connection management. However, I can't get
> it to do anything - all the lists are empty, and clicking on any buttons
> in the Settings window simply dismisses the dialog.
>
> Is this because:
>
> (a) It doesn't work yet

true

> (b) It needs a specific network daemon that I'm not running

true, needs Intel's connmand

> (c) I should have a specific library installed
> (d) I should have set an option or checked something at compile time
> (e) Another reason that I can't think of

Connection Manager (connman) is Intel's replacement for
NetworkManager. It's suppsed to be more lightweight and shift some
roles around, for example, the daemon would take care of
authentication and keeping required data.

Rasterman wrote the connman module just before connman broke its
api... actually not much work on their front, even tests/* (python
scripts) and their connman-gnome are not working.

So we have to wait before they're in an usable state before fixing point (a) :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems