Ok, time to eat crow.... I took another look at your instructions and
tried again. In my original attempt, I didn't install eina... duhhhh.
Anyway, the problem is with the easy_e17.sh script, version 1.2.2.  I've
emailed the author to let him know.  In the interim, I've created my own
build script to install e17 via svn and I'm testing it now.  If it
works, then I'll let everyone know... Not that we need yet another e17
install script, but it may be helpful for beginners like myself.  Thanks
again for everyones timely responses.

Kind Regards,

Mike M.

M.McNeil wrote:
> I followed the instructions from your webpage, however, I get the same
> error message, and of course, now e17 will not start properly.
>
> Nicolas Aguirre wrote:
>> 2008/10/24 M.McNeil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>> I'm using the easy_e17.sh script which has been working fine for months.
>>>  From the looks of the errors, it appears as though there are problems
>>> with the coding syntax; ie.  'expected ';' before 'fn' evas_callbacks.c:
>>> In function'.  Eina is *NOT* present in any of my other directories. I
>>> just deleted my e17 source directory and tried again, but I got the
>>> exact same error message.... Is there anyone else having problems
>>> building e17 on Ubuntu Hardy ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mike M.
>>
>> Here a quick howto to compile eina/eet/evas/ecore/edje and enna on Ubuntu
>> (hardy and Intrepid)
>> http://captainigloo.wordpress.com/2008/10/18/enna-compilation-on-ubuntu/
>>  I think that you don't have update eina before compiling evas. I had this
>> kind of errors when eina was not up to date.
>>
>> regards,

Mike McNeil

Sr. Network Engineer

Information Systems and Technology