On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Ross Vandegrift <r...@kallisti.us> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I've noticed some strange behavior in the system menu module recently.
> It behaves differently on my three different installations:
>
> Work computer: Just built from source today.  The "System menu has no
> sub menus.  When I click on the menu, I get a slice of a dialog box
> that shows a partially displayed "Cancel" button.

You are missing the config for the System Control module. You are probably using
the default profile (instead of standard) and when the module was
added, the config
was not merged.
Since there's no config dialog for this module, the only viable way to
get the icons in
there now would be to wipe your config.

> Home computer: Built from source a while ago.  System menu has
> sub-elements that, oddly, have the old Bling theme.  This actually
> looks quite nice as a contrast to the new Black and White theme!

Well, yes.. if you haven't updated in some time, you are still using
the old menu, instead
of the new module, which provides the box, not a submenu.

> Laptop: Build from source a while ago.  System has no submenus, but
> when I click it, I get a dialog box with a bunch of buttons that can
> exit, shutdown, reboot, etc.  No text descriptions, theme matches the
> Black and White.

This is the correct behaviour.