On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Luca De Marini
<luca.darkmas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/9 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi>
>> and please, let's try to get these things upstream into debian, ubuntu
>> and others. At least the base libraries and e17 itself.
>>

> Of course. We will be in upstream, I'm sure of it, when we'll be stable. For
> Ubuntu at least. I don't know debian policies but Ubuntu won't host
> officially our E17 packages unless they are stable. So, whenever libraries
> will become stable, we'll be able to ask Ubuntu to host them in their
> officla repos and time by time, the entire E will hopefully be in Ubuntu :)
> Don't worry, we'll strictly collaborate, if you wish, to transform this into
> reality.

often we become unstable, with things like moving ecore/evas to eina
data types and major refactors, but other than that it works, maybe
better than most software that is labeled as "stable". Also, it is not
true that everything in Ubuntu/Debian is stable and all, you can see
how many packages break now and then, how many request you to export
weird -DI_KNOW_THIS_IS_UNSTABLE_API and all.

Most people here use e17 daily and it works, is stable. Just need to
avoid updating during large changes I said, that's why I want these
weekend freezes to help.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems