On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Wido<wido...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i've tryed Robin's tip and it doesn't works either.

you need to do that inside the environment that launched E17, not
random Xterm. If you use ~/.xsession, there is the place, maybe
/etc/environ, /etc/profile or something like that, depends on your
distro.

> Raster, I don't like non-transparent proxys and I know E doesn't has a lot
> of things (hey, i love it anyway), that is why i suggested something like
> that. IMO, kde has a nice approach on several ways to do that....although,
> they don't work that nice (at least, for me)

If you want to do an UI for that I can guide you, start with
E-MODULES-EXTRA/skel (skeleton) and draw you nice UI, load module and
on "apply" you need a single call:

   e_util_env_set("HTTP_PROXY", user_input)

Similarly, to retrieve the value in use:

   proxy_used = getenv("HTTP_PROXY");

If you want to persist that information, you can use module
configuration and save it using EET, it's simple. On e_modapi_init()
you call e_util_env_set(), on e_modapi_save() you save it to EET,
simple and skel module should have that almost done, just need to
change few bits.

As I said, I can mentor you in this task, I bet many others here or in
#edevelop can help as well. But we're quite busy doing our own stuff
and doing something we'll no use ourselves is bit pointless :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems