On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:05:35 -0300 Wido <wido...@gmail.com> said:

> first, i don't have control on the proxy. Second, big company, lots of
> country's, lots of proxys (even 2 where i am). So you can choose which one
> you prefer
> i still think it sucks, but is out of my limits.

in general iu agree - proxies suck. a transparent proxy tho means u can enforce
one on your network and not need anyone to configure anything. much lower IT
overhead. forcing everyy machine to configure it to me says bad IT people
(unless you have maybe 5 or fewer machines - at which point it's such a small
company you dont need a proxy etc.) :)

but it's in your startup scripts (~/.xsession etc.) or .bashrc  etc. etc. that
you set your environment up for your user. :) yes e could do it - but it doesnt
have such a feature currently :)