On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Mitko Dichev <mitko.dic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody use e17's bluetooth gadget to pair with bluetooth devices? I
> read somewhere it has such functionality, but I fail to achieve anything
> more then power up the bluetooth device and do a scan, using the gadget that
> is. So I will appreciate it if someone who knows how to pair using it helps
> me. Normally when bluetooth applets don't work I mount device via cli and
> obexfs, but I was curious if I could get it done the e17 way.

The gadgete just supports E -> device pairing, not the other way
around yet. You need to select your desired device from the popup
list, type QUICKLY[*] the pincode and then type that on the device, it
is paired then!

The support is very raw, but good base for future improvements as we
have time. Among them we plan to add trusted device database, allow "[
] trust this device" when pairing, accept pairing requests from device
to E and so on. But we're short on time now, maybe next months or
sooner if you send patches :-)

[*] Seems that BlueZ daemon uses DBus timeout to request pincode from
user, this is bad because if you don't type some numbers and press OK
in 1-2 seconds, it will receive OperationAborted. It's on my TODO list
to ask Marcel Holtmann why is that and if he wants to change. If he
does not want, we have couple of options:
     1 - generate 4 random numbers automatically and give that as
pairing PIN to BlueZ, then inform that in the UI so the user can type
in the device (simpler and seems the way Gnome Bluetooth does)
     2 - since we'll request a pairing request, we can ask the PIN
*before* that, then do the request and upon pincode request we can
feed that PIN.

So far I'm postponing this action as I'm quite busy and there are
other more important things to do in E17.

BR,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems