On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:01:52 +0300 Mitko Dichev <mitko.dic...@gmail.com> said:

> Hello,
> I am writing to ask if anybody knows an e17 method of locking the screen at
> suspend/resume, as I want to limit access to my laptop. However, no
> combination of the lock options that e17 provides did this, and I fail to
> write a hook in sleep.d to lock the screen with acpi or to modify my script
> that handles acpi events - I read all sort of examples, but nothing seems to
> work.

e doesn't know when the system unsusppended currently - it ueses a suid root
tool to initiate a susppend/hibernate and so on - it should also have paths to
use hal+dbus etc. but it doesn't. it should also listen to acpid events (for
when there is no dbus) - which isn't hard - this means e can get events like
"lid close" and so on - and then once all this info is available, e can begin
to make decisions like "suspend within 30 seconds of a lid close (unless it is
opened again in the meantime)", "lock screen on suspend". as such e should lock
when suspending/hibernating (so on unsuspend the lock screen is already up -
no security time gap hole).

(that reminds me - probably about time to have brightness controls - like mixer
module - brightness module).