Am Sun, 4 Jul 2010 17:15:11 +0100 schrieb Mick:

> > Yes, I've an idea. I did some commits in e_zone.c and e_border.c do
> > fix some bugs in this area. I tested my use cases for around a week
> > and it worked. Nice. Maybe I missed your use case.
> >
> > In "trunk/TEST/app/e/e_place_test" I implemented a little
> > application to fit my tested use cases. I would like to understand
> > your use case and how to correct handle it. Could you make a
> > screenshot with some red arrows what is the situation and how it
> > should behave in your eyes? Or a video if you like...
>
> Hi    Andreas, where would you like me to upload the screenshots?
>
> The behaviour of gkrellm is akin to dragging one of the desktop icons
> (e.g. the home or temp directory icon) to the bottom of the screen.
> When you release your mouse the icon is pushed upwards until it
> clears the height of the shelf on the bottom of the screen.
>
> With gkrellm this does not happen instantaneously, so it gives the
> impression that you can manually drag and drop gkrellm below the
> region of the shelf. However, when the gkrellm window dimensions is
> redrawn; e.g. when the wireless gkrellm drops the connection and
> collapses or when it is reinstated and expands, then the gkrellm is
> pushed upwards until it clears the height of the shelf.

You could upload images here for free:

http://imageshack.us/

Could you please try to set the "allow window overlap" option in the
settings tab of the problematic shelf. The window placement algorithm
ignores overlap shelfes.

The replacement if windows with icccm request is needed as many apps
have to brain dead logic that they always show the most important parts
below shelfes or offscreen.

Please tell me if this solves your problem.

regards
        Andreas