On Tuesday 06 July 2010 21:07:10 Andreas Volz wrote:
> Am Sun, 4 Jul 2010 23:49:16 +0100 schrieb Mick:
>
> Hello Mick,
>
> > This solves the problem of the gkrellm, in that it allows it to rest
> > at the bottom of the right hand corner of the screen, but at the same
> > time when I maximise a window it also stretches to the bottom of the
> > screen, behind the bottom shelf.  This is undesireable for me because
> > a)the shelf covers the bottom end of the window which some
> > applications are using for status info and b)the desktop on either
> > side of the shelf is no longer available for launching the menu.
>
> What's about the option "below windows" in the shelf settings? Here is
> solves your use case.

Thank you Andreas,

I am afraid it does not solve my case.  The "below windows" setting allows
maximised windows to overlap the shelf and hide it, while I want them not to
do so.  Please have a look at the screenshot below, the email window rests
above the shelf, while gkrellm is at the bottom right hand side of the screen.
This is how the previous version I had installed worked.  This is also how the
'slit' in Fluxbox works and in its default settings neither dockapps in the
slit, not the shelf/toolbar get overlapped by application windows.  The
screenshot shows what I mean.

http://yfrog.com/5montopofshelfp

> I added two new configuration options in the window geometry settings.
> See the commit it should explain it. But it's easy to understand from
> the option text.
>
> Please test if this solves all your use cases or if still a problem
> exists.
>
> The SVN commit number for this change is 50083.
>
> This may help for the gkrellm problem. At least that gkrellm moves up
> on repaint. Maybe it doesn't solve the initial position problem. Could
> you please test it again with the new options and report the result
> here?

I would, but I don't know how to install what you have commited using my
Gentoo OS and layman.  It reports a different revision:

* Running command "/usr/bin/svn up "/var/lib/layman/efl""...
At revision 50085.

(sorry but my knowledge of layman is limited).

--
Regards,
Mick