This is not a design issue but just implementation detail. It can be added
later without problems

Also we should have preload to minimize the performance problem.

On May 14, 2011 9:09 PM, "Wido" <wido...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> General Users = safety, if any of these loaders crash or hung, the main
>> program/process will n...
wait....what?? no timeout for an external pipe?? isn't that a design flaw?
you're just saying it, if the external process hungs, evas hungs. Who do you
think users will blame?

I know, you're probably going to say that an external loader could take a
lot of time (i'm imaging a 70MB pdf with lots of pictures and stuff).

But that's not a reason to not have a timeout, at least set a long timeout,
like 60 or 90 secs. And after that time, also try to kill the piped PID
(though I'm not sure if it's possible to do that)

Or I'm saying stupid things again and I have to go back to my cave?

--
Wido