Hmm maybe you are telling something else but it works well here.

When I scroll, the highlight remains and Gnome-Terminal is also same.
When I clear the screen(with clear command or ctrl+L), the highlight
disappears.

Can you be more specific or do you have any video recorded?

Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)