Hi,

I've been using kdm with compiled E17 for a few years (4 at least) and never
got any issues. Did you check ~/.xsessions-errors ? sometimes there is info
there that can help you.

Also, how did you configure kdm? i used to have a .xsession that invokes E, and
then from kdm use the 'default' session. xsession only has this:
exec /opt/e17/bin/enlightenment_start (notice that my prefix is /opt/e17 and
that is also included in my .bashrc as $PATH, PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

ps: I blewed my root a few days ago and now I'm using slim, so I can't debug
much now

On Saturday December 29 2012 15:26:41 mplia mpliaaa escribió:
>  >Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:50:35 -0200
>  >From: Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi>
>  >Subject: Re: [e-users] Problem running e17 through kdm/gdm
>  >To: "Enlightenment users discussion & support"
>  >        <enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> >
> >The eina mempool (mp) shouldn't matter much, they may be compiled with
> >static mempools and the folder won't exist.
> >
> >your strace doesn't say much, seems some $PATH or $LD_LIBRARY_PATH are
> >defining different stuff? Maybe you have multiple e17/efl installed in your
> >system?
> >

> >--
> >Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> >http://profusion.mobi embedded systems
> >--------------------------------------
> >MSN: barbi...@gmail.com
> >Skype: gsbarbieri
> >Mobile: +55 (19) 9225-2202
>

> Hello Gustavo,
>
> I've been using the DR17 from debian's repositories but I uninstalled
> it (completely, with --purge) before compiling e17 from source. My
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to /usr/local/lib.
> If there was indeed an issue with libraries shouldn't I experience
> problems with the startx command too? Any suggestions on how i could
> do some more debugging while e17 is being launched through kdm?
>
> thanks

Wido