On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:25:16 -0500 Ross Vandegrift <r...@kallisti.us> said:

> Hello,
>
> I upgraded my desktop to EFL 1.7.5 and E 0.17.0 from some old SVN rev.
> Mostly awesome - in particular, it looks like all of the wacky focus &
> autoraise bugs I've suffered for a while are gone!
>
> But I have noticed a few oddities; maybe bugs, maybe my
> misconfiurations, maybe features.
>
> 1) Notifications: they all have a transparent background with white
> text.  This is very hard to read.  In my previous version, they had a
> solid grey background with white text - much better.

compositing -> on. also double check under engine (advanced section in settings)
that argb windows are enabled

> 2) Strange Favorite Apps behavior: If I try to open a new gnome-terminal
> window via the Favorite Apps list, E switches desktops to an existing
> terminal window.  If I use the usual Applications menu, I get a new
> window.  Previously, starting from the Favorites menu worked exactly as
> starting from the Applications menu.

eh? wtf?

> 3) Shelf spacing: systray used to be a bit smaller.  It left enough
> shelf around it so that an auto-hidden shelf appeared as a uniform line
> along the edge of the screen.  Now, systray fills the shelf all the way
> to the edge.  On an auto-hidden shelf, the top edges of app icons are
> visible.  Not really much of a problem - just uglier than it used to be.

that's just how the theme allocates space - gadgets now use much more of the
shelf space, systray included. i despise systray and everything related to it
and i'd love to see all systray using apps burn in hell. :)